Friday, February 24, 2012

100 Followers

I've hit 100 Followers.

This is cause for celebration.

If I wasn't pregnant I would pour myself a nice big mimosa with very little orange juice and drink it outside in the sunshine.

Instead I will just congratulate myself with a glass of orange juice...sans champagne.  BORING.

100 Followers I want to thank you all for following along through my journey.

The majority of you are here via the IF community and I thank you ladies for being here with me through my little journey to hell and back.

And while I pray every day for a healthy FULL TERM pregnancy I know that if things were to go belly up I have this wonderful group of women to fall back on for support and that makes the whole damn thing just a tiny bit less scary.

This blog is about a year and a half old now, if you didn't know because no one was following me then it started out as a chronicle of my time abroad as an expat in Sydney and it was called 
From Sydney With Love.

When we returned to the States it very slowly but very surely turned into random/life musings blog peppered with recipes, book reviews and decorating ideas as I really wasn't ready to come out of the infertility closet and share my anovulation woes with the world.  Then it was well on it's way to becoming a pregnancy blog when one miscarriage rocked me to my core and forced the infertility story out of me.

And I've never looked back.

Honestly I never thought I would have as many followers as I do, writing was/is therapeutic, especially during tumultuous times and I mostly write for myself but I do love having a group of people on the other side of this computer screen with shared/similar experiences to tell me things like: 

It's Ok to still cry every time I talk about my miscarriage.

Miscarriage is WAY more common than we're led to believe when we start our journey to motherhood.

Everyone thinks their baby is dead at some point in pregnancy.

That my cat probably DOES know I'm pregnant.

It's Ok to be totally freaked out about a pregnancy post miscarriage rather than elated and excited.

and

Constipation is a normal part of pregnancy.

I hope you all stick around for the ride as we CONTINUE on the pregnancy path and god-willing all the way to the all but unreachable land of motherhood.

Love you all and thanks for following!

11 comments:

  1. congratulations!! can I just add though, this year Melbourne is having a kick arse summer over Brisbane and Sydney ;) you might change your mind now about us. ha ha. it is going to be a scorcher today.

    and it is always ok to cry, over anything. We weren't given tears to store up they have to be used xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that the other day and was so excited for you! 100 is a nice round number. :) Here's to the next 100 before baby is born!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for 100 followers!

    Yay for a place to type it out!

    Yay for tears + emotions - let's us know you're not a robot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! :) Love reading and am super happy for you. I now have hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! 100 is fantastic. So excited for your pregnancy, you are really doing this! And maybe you should get a bella band or a b buckle for those new jeans of yours - help you transition :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day - I am so excited about the BFP and your congrats meant a lot. So glad your pregnancy continues to go swimmingly, let it stay that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to have met you and thrilled to be watching you manage (well) your way through this delightful pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No wonder, you have such a lovely blog. Congrats on 100 followers, and such wonderful news to follow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray! BTW- I was following you in Sydney. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great blogging milestone...congrats!!

    ReplyDelete