Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Twist of Fate

For a plethora of different reasons, the hubs and I are trying to buy a house in my hometown of Springfield, Oregon. We've been looking for about a year now, put offers in for 2 different houses but have come up empty handed. Since finding ourselves in limbo on our way to Sydney last week we decided to make a quick pit stop to Oregon while we waited for our visas to come through. We've spent the last few days doing a bit of house hunting and have once again put in an offer on a house. With any luck this completely unscheduled stop will result in the purchase of a vacation home! Everything happens for a reason, right?

This is not the home we're buying, this is my parents home, but I couldn't help taking some pretty pics with the hipstamatic, all the rain has made Oregon especially lush and green. At first I was mildly depressed that we encountered so much rain after being in the summer heat of both NYC and Dallas, but this last day that we were there the rain stopped and the sun came out and BAM! my allergies hit me like a ton of bricks. I'll take the rain during allergy season in Oregon anytime!
Remind me never to complain about allergies again if I'm outside of Oregon, nothing compares to the GRASS SEED CAPITAL when it comes to allergy season and I now will retract my statement about allergies following me to NYC because really they were so mild they just don't compare to the miserable, terrible, horribleness of having allergies in Springfield, Oregon. And on that allergy laden note I am now boarding a 14 hour flight to Sydney.

See you all on the other side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment