Sunday, June 13, 2010

Booktastic: The White Queen

I love Tudor England. I've read many a Henry VIII novel and absolutely love the Showtime series The Tudors. Philippa Gregory has written some excellent books on the era, many of which I've read, The Other Boleyn Girl being my favorite and she has now moved onto the Plantagenets, the ruling family of England prior to the Tudors. Her first novel in the series I've just finished:

The White Queen by Philippa Gregory

I can't say that I'm quite as intrigued by the Plantagenets as I am by the Tudors but I find that I really enjoy historical fiction novels, and this one was no different. Very good easy read, takes an interesting, alternative view regarding the two princes in the tower, one of the great unsolved mysteries of the 16th Century that I've been intrigued by ever since I visited the Tower of London many years ago. And wouldn't you know it just as I wrote that sentence the news came on talking about Prince William and Prince Harry, coincidental timing!

Anyone have any books from 15th/16th Century England to recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment