Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rugby Union vs. Rugby League

There are 2 different types of Rugby, did you know that? There is Rugby League and Rugby Union. What's the difference? I don't know, but wikipedia does and you can read here if you really care.

Australia and I have differing opinions on sports, in that Australia cares deeply about them...and I do not.

Nevertheless, the hubs is in a more Australia sort of mind and convinced me to go to a rugby league match on Saturday night.

Here's what I enjoy about rugby and why I agreed to go, beer on tap...and the players thighs. I don't know what it is, but being a rugby player gives you great thighs and I will watch rugby for this one fact alone.

The other thing I enjoyed about this match in particular...the guy behind us yelling "rip his fucking head off!" over and over again from the very beginning of the game. He was swell.

Oh! And I'm ashamed to say I don't have a picture of this, but did you know in Oz instead of hot dogs and cheeseburgers you get meat pies and SUSHI! No joke, sushi at a ball game = weird.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment