Saturday, October 8, 2011

Accent Nails

Some days it helps to come here to my blog and let it all out.

During the miscarriage especially it really helped to be able to write down all the thoughts that were swirling around in my head.

But some days I'd rather not think about it because it brings up all the emotions that I'm trying to suppress.

So today we're writing about NAILS!

Specifically the accent nail trend that seems to be all over the place these days.

Do you know about the accent nail?

It looks something like this:


Four nails one color, one nail another. You can do either a contrasting color or a color in the same family but a different hue.

At first I was very hesitant to give this trend a go because it reminded me too much of what we all used to do as little girls, paint each nail a different color or do alternating colors on each nail.

But yesterday I decided what the hell.

And now I'm all over this nail trend.

I opted for same color family, different hue rather than do the contrasting but next time I am totally doing the contrasting!



I used these 2 colors:

Who's Spinning Tonight Sephora by OPI and Siberian Nights by OPI

They are both in the purple color family but Siberian Nights looks black with the lighter purple next to it.

Next time I'm thinking pink with a blue sparkle accent. Much more adventurous!

Anyone else loving the nail accent trend?

3 comments:

  1. I DO love this! I read about it somewhere, but had forgotten about it until now. I usually paint my nails on Sunday night so that it'll last through the week.

    P.S. I haven't been able to comment on some other people's blogs. Probably an "operator error" on my part! Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I've been doing a glitter nail lately but I'm all about an accent nail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of it but it sounds (and looks) awesome :)

    ReplyDelete