Actually I have two appts. One with my homebirth midwives in the morning, if my blood pressure is still high we discuss everything that is going to go down for my afternoon appt with the hospital midwives...and then shit gets real. If I don't have high blood pressure anymore THAN I AM WORRYING FOR NOTHING.
I'm nervous. I'm sure this is helping with the high blood pressure.
So, instead of discussing all the possibilities of what could happen tomorrow, including an induction if my blood pressure keeps rising, I'll sit back and wait until after my appts tomorrow to give you guys an update.
Today we'll do bullet points:
- We're at 37 weeks on Wednesday, technically baby is fully cooked and could come at any time...but I'd like my last month with the baby in the belly if at all possible.
- I've started looking at all the different ways I can try to induce myself if this high blood pressure doesn't resolve itself...unfortunately all is dependent on whether baby is ready to come out or not but come Wednesday we will start to try them ALL (except Castor Oil...not going there) rather than be induced at a hospital. Oh right, WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT UNTIL AFTER TOMORROW.
- My BIRTH TUB arrives on Wednesday...holy shit guys! Birth tub! For birth! In my bedroom! I'm totally going to be taking baths in my bedroom for the next month.
- My nursery still isn't done. Back when I wrote about my nursery here I told you guys not to expect it to be done for another 10 weeks and I was totally joking...but here we are 7 weeks later and...not done. Maybe I was spot on with that 10 week thing!
- Nursing bras. Let's discuss. I've never even pondered buying a nursing bra until yesterday when EVERYTHING hurt, including my boobs and I decided maybe it was time to look into nursing bras. So, anyone buy them yet? What brand do you like best? Do I have to go try them on or can I buy that shit online?
- I have an appt to get my rib put back in place tomorrow and HOPEFULLY this will help these last few weeks of pregnancy be less miserable. The back ache is making EVERYTHING impossible...including sleeping which up until now has NOT been a problem and I really do not want to spend the next 4 weeks sleeping this poorly.
- Perineal massage...ew. I had 3 different midwives and one new mama recommend perineal massage...so we gave it a go and...I'm not a fan. There is no evidence that says it helps prevent tearing but many midwives say it helps you get used to the sensation of stretching and be more able to relax into it when you hit that "ring of fire" of crowning during the pushing stage. Fine, I see the logic, we did it a few times, and I understand what the burning stretching feeling will feel like. It sucks, it feels awful. But I think we're done with this now, it feels too much like an exam at a Dr.'s office and I hate that my husband is the one in the position of making me uncomfortable. Anyone else try perineal massage and have a different view on it?
- Hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids suck. I hate them more than constipation. Anyone have a really good birth story with hemorrhoids in which ALL TURNED OUT OK and their intestines did not explode out of their ass and the aftereffects were not more painful than the vaginal lacerations and tearing already involved in pushing a human out of your nether regions?
And that's all I've got for today. Everyone wish me luck that the acupuncture appt I will hopefully be able to get today will help with my hypertension and I will have nothing to discuss with you tomorrow!