It's Thanksgiving tomorrow and in honor of all of us in the pit of despair that IS infertility I've decided to make a list of all the reasons I am thankful that we do NOT have children...yet.
And please god let this be the last Thanksgiving that I have to find reasons to be thankful NOT to have children and next year I can be thankful for reasons I DO have children.
- We can drink our faces off and we don't have to get up in the morning until WE want to. Being hungover and being responsible for a little one sounds like a little slice of hell.
- If it's 2pm on Tuesday and I feel like taking a nap, I can take a nap.
- I don't have to take a stroller to run errands. I hate ladies with strollers on the sidewalk. Yes, that's a little bit of the bitter infertile in me because I WANT to be a lady with a stroller but they are also really obnoxious and walk too slow, I am forever trying to pass stroller ladies.
- Dinners out. No scrambling to find a sitter, we just go.
- If we suddenly decided we wanted to go to Jamaica next week then we can just up and go to Jamaica next week. Except for the damn cats...
- I can wear white without fear of a baby spitting up, throwing up, peeing or pooping on me. That does not mean that my white stays white but at least it's a red wine stain and not someone else's bodily fluid.
- Flying without a kid in tow. Flying with kids has to suck. I do not look at ladies with babies on the plane and think, Oh I wish that was me. I think Oh thank god that's not me.
- DAD, SHIELD YOUR EYES FOR THIS ONE OR ACCEPT THAT YOU ARE READING YOUR ADULT MARRIED DAUGHTERS BLOG ABOUT TRYING TO HAVE A BABY, spontaneous sex in places that are not the bedroom with the door shut. Not that that happens much when you're trying to conceive because it's ALL ABOUT the timed sex and ideal positions for conception, so not spontaneous, but whatevs we still CAN...when it's not fertile time anyway.
- I have no idea what the latest toy fad is. I should have made that #1, that is my #1 reason to be thankful. Fucking kids toys.
- My boobs are still mine and I am not a feeding machine, a la cow style.
My fellow infertiles, anything to add??