Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kid-Friendly Dinner Party Ideas

We're having a dinner party tomorrow night.

But our guests are half kids.

2 other couples and their 4 kids to be precise.

Since we don't have kids yet I'm not used to cooking for a child's palate.

My 5 year old niece likes to say to me "You don't cook for kid's much do you?"

No, Parker, I don't. Thanks for noticing.

My chili didn't have beans and it was too spicy, my taco soup was too spicy and my enchiladas were too spicy according to Parker.

The theme being...too spicy.

Got it.

But now I'm paranoid that kids don't like my cooking.

I changed my menu three times, but have finally landed on what I hope is the final decision.

Cheesy Beef Enchiladas


and

Grown-Up Gouda and Bacon Mac & Cheese

Parents, what do you think?

Will kids eat enchiladas and mac & cheese? Specifically Gouda mac & cheese?

Or do I need to change my menu again?

1 comment:

  1. I think it in part depends on the kids' parents. My siblings and I were fed all sorts of things, so we ate all sorts of things. A friend only gives their kid chicken nuggets, french fries and ketchup, so that's all he eats (well, he eats pizza and ice cream too).

    It's a fancy dinner party, so fancy mac n cheese sounds awesome to me! I also loved spicy foods as a kid, and Winston likes spicy foods (will forgo a chip to dip and lick his finger in salsa), so that's really up to each kid's own palate.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete