Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Short Blogging Break

I have to take a little blogging break guys.

My reasons are twofold.

One:  My MIL arrives tomorrow.

She will be here with us for 2 weeks and I feel like I'm supposed to entertain her rather than sit on my computer blogging about my feelings.

It is my mission in life for the next 2 weeks to be a good hostess.

I know...I dream big.

Reason Two:  I have a few things I need to sort out in my head that keep getting confused when I sit down to blog and when I read other infertility blogs.

Sometimes I can feel myself being in a really positive place, I can imagine a future healthy pregnancy and a life with children and everything is looking up.  Then I start reading infertility blogs and suddenly I'm in a much darker place, that place where thoughts of recurrent miscarriage overwhelm anything positive that I was feeling and worry and despair take over.

I love reading everyone's blog and I appreciate that you read mine in return, but I need a little break, a break from all the heartache that as a community we've been dealt too much of.

So, MIL is in town and I am stepping away from the world of infertility for 2 weeks.

I hope to have found the peace I'm looking for (yes, peace only takes 2 weeks to find) and I will come back in the New Year ready to face my infertility as well as all of yours with some positivity rather than the despair I am feeling lately.

Here's hoping I come back to tons of BFP's from you all and as few stories of miscarriages, stillborns and BFN's as possible.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

13 comments:

  1. A holiday break sounds like a great idea...see you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post! You aren't alone. I've experienced the same feelings of despair after reading some blogs too and don't quite know how to get myself back to that happy place. At the same time, I don't want to stop reading them or give up on a blog because they are so important to me. Enjoy your break and I have no doubt you will be an awesome hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes sense. Have a good holiday and a realaxing break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand your feelings. Good luck with your house guest and I hope you find the peace you are looking for. Hope to see you back soon and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll miss you.

    Can't help but wonder whether you got a BFP. Here's to hoping you did.

    Check back in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's completely understandable! I often take blogging breaks (some unintentional). Just don't restrict yourself - if you feel like drafting something, do!

    Merry, happy Christmas, and I hope it goes well with the MIL visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well-said, Jesica. I have only just started following you along your journey, but I admire you very much. Take that break, and we'll see you in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs to you - have a good break, keep your chin up, I believe good things are coming to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great Christmas and I hope you find the peace you need!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's a great idea to do this...I've done it a few times and it really does help. As much as we appreciate this community, it's sometimes impossible to stay positive in the midst of it. Hope you have a fantastic break, and I know I'll still be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a fabulous blog vaca. I had to do the same last month (although it was without notice!) Happy Holidays! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Makes sense. I took nearly a year off last year when the last thing I wanted to do was think or read or write about infertility. xoxo and have a merry christmas and new year!

    ReplyDelete