Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Coffee Coffee Coffee

Guys, I have a problem.

Remember when I was in Australia and I did a mini-detox in which I cut out caffeine, sugar and dairy?

Well, after I successfully cut coffee out of my diet for the requisite 2 weeks of the detox I did what any sane person would do and immediately went back to having JUST my morning cup of coffee.

I even cut it down to about a half cup of coffee most mornings.

I was doing awesome.

Then we got back here to Oregon, which if you don't know, the Northwest is like the land of coffee.

I pass 5 coffee kiosks before I get to "town". There's even one at the end of my road...and I live in the sticks.

It's absurd.

So....I may or may not have upped my coffee quota to 2 cups a day again.

Shit.

I didn't do it on purpose I swear.

And one of those "cups" is a 12 oz.

I suck.

Do you know what this means? This means as soon as we get to San Fran I AM CUTTING BACK TO ONE CUP A DAY AGAIN. Says the girl who is happily sipping her 12 oz. Dutch Bros. coffee as she writes this post.

Anyone else have a coffee addiction? Or other addiction that seems to get the best of them no matter how hard they try?

5 comments:

  1. San Fran shouldn't be as depressing as the far NW where the only drug that helps you get through the sun-less days is coffee. You'll be fine! Plus soon you'll be able to have your little cup of coffee and go out for a walk! A little jealous if you can't tell. Happy for you that you're moving at the prime time to start exploring a new city - not too hot, and not too cold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way - I think it's funny that you and Clay are on exact opposite city schedules. He moved from OR to SF then to NYC, now he's moving back to OR. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw - I feel for ya, girl! I'm totally addicted to Dr. Pepper! I know that if I would only drink one a day on Saturdays and Sundays, I would probably be happier and healthier. But I just can't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am addicted to just caffeine.. I have a HUGE cup of tea (like 30 oz, super strong) everyday, and sometimes 2 a day. I don't know how I'll give up caffeine when I'm pregnant. Everyone keeps telling me to "wean" myself off of it now, but that ain't happening..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw enjoy coffee if you like the taste and need the caffeine!!!

    ReplyDelete