Saturday, April 23, 2011

Brave New World

We have 13 days until we're off to San Francisco.

Permanently.

For REALS.

We're actually going to San Francisco.

Finally.

I can't believe it.

We've been talking about it and planning it for more than a year.

And now it's here.

Crazy.

Also nerve wracking.

I love new cites.

But I also hate new cities.

Things like dry cleaners, butchers, pharmacies, tailors, hair salons, all have to be rediscovered.

And that can be a giant pain in the ass.

Of course it can also be fun.

I love exploring new cities and finding new shops.

But San Francisco is going to be different.

Because I have to DRIVE.

New York is a walking city.

Sydney is a walking city.

Springfield is a driving city but I was born here and there's not much to it.

San Francisco....San Francisco is a driving city.

And I suck at driving in cities.

I can't tell you how much of NYC I discovered simply because I was walking.

I found boutiques and art and jewelry and god knows what else just because I happened to have walked down a different street.

I love that part of NYC.

I'm sad this move isn't back to NYC.

There. I said it.

I wish we were going back to NYC.

Quick, someone from San Francisco tell me how amazing it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment