Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Big 3-0

I turn 30 this year.

I'm none too thrilled about it.

Some things I've accomplished in the timeframe I imagined.

Others I have not.

Either way it's coming and there's nothing I can do about it.

I began my 30 before 30 list and only made it to 13 before I ran out of ideas. (Maybe that's a sign of....of...well of something...because my birthday is on the 13th?)

Really Jesica? There's not 30 things you would like to accomplish before you're 30?

I'll let you all take a peak at my unfinished list, maybe you can help me along. It's not cheating to have people give you ideas for your own personal goals is it? It's not like I'm stealing ideas...ok I'd like to steal some ideas please, PLEASE!

Some of these things were things I always imagined I'd do before I was 30, others I've added and hope to accomplish in the next few months.

1. Adopt a pet - CHECK!
2. Learn Italian - I'm woefully behind on my Italian, but I DO have my rosetta stone, this IS achievable if only I would apply myself.
3. Get married - CHECK!
4. Start a family - Fingers crossed over the next 5 months!
5. Own a home - CHECK!
6. Visit all the inhabited continents, I'm only missing South America and unfortunately I don't think we're going anywhere else this year...but I'm very close to this one.
7. See the pyramids - CHECK!
8. Live in NYC - CHECK!
9. Live in San Fran - This one can be checked as soon as our renters move out!
10. Live in London - Sadly this one is unaccomplishable (yes I know that's not a word) but maybe in the future, 40 before 40?
11. Have a career - this one unfortunately has gone out the window, but I thought I would keep it on here because I'm trying to be honest with my list.
12. Find a way to be tidier...and stick to it. Once we have kids it will be much harder than it is with just the 2 of us and I HAVE to find a way to keep myself tidy and organized. Ideas would be welcome here!
13. Buy a pair of Manolo Blahniks, I've been wanting to do this for years, but as the price creeps from $500 to upwards of $700 a pair I find myself more and more hesitant to actually do the deed. I bought Giuseppe Zanotti's for my wedding but justified it because they were wedding shoes and it's just not the same as the coveted Manolos. So, before I turn 30 I'm buying some Manolos. Hmmm...maybe Ebay.
14.

So, anyone have any 30 before 30 ideas???

2 comments:

  1. that's funny, I have a 30 after 30 list I'll be posting soon!!! Do you still have your jar of change you were collecting for Manolos?? :-) I haven't accomplished all my before 30 goals either.. having a baby was one of them, and visiting Europe (not counting my trip to England). And I'm 30.. and it's too late. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you're in NY check out Nina?Mima?Nima?Mina? - a boutique by gyu kaku (again not sure on the name/spelling)... anyways, they have a bin of Manolos in tiny sizes for $200/pair-ish. That's like Steve Madden boots price!

    Ebay is awsome! I LOVE Ebay!!!

    ReplyDelete