Thursday, July 2, 2015

Baby #2 Bumpdate - Weeks 35 & 36

35 weeks always feels monumental because you're 35 weeks and you have 35 days left!

Happy coincidence but one I enjoy.

How far along: I actually meant to post this last week at 35 weeks but alas we are at 36 weeks now.

Weight Gain: 149 = 31 lbs gained! The weight definitely seems to have tapered off.  This happened last time and it was because Jett had quit growing so I'm a teeny bit nervous, but I'm trying to remain calm and think that I just grow small babies.

What's Up with My Body: BP is staying under control!  It's actually well within the normal range at 112/76 last week, which makes me happy because this is about when things started to go haywire last time.  We'll see what tomorrow's appointment brings!

Rib was popped back in last week but DAMN it took 4 days for it to not hurt and now it's just...tender.  I'm uber conscious of it and worried about it popping out which seems to put some strain on the muscles around it.  So my back just generally hurts these days.  These last few weeks are a struggle!

Heartburn every night when I wake up at 2-3am but 1 Tums takes care of it.

INSOMNIA FINALLY RELEASED IT'S HOLD and I can sleep the normal 3-4 hours before I need to get up and pee.  THANK GOD.

Contractions keep waking me up in the middle of the night.  They are almost always caused by the need to pee but it isn't the need to pee that's waking me it's an awful cramping/tightness/hot flash of a BH contraction!  I kind of like it and am looking forward to the day in which it's actual labor waking me up in the middle of the night!

The bump no longer feels big, nor am I measuring big.  In fact...just like last time, I'm measuring a bit small.  34cm at 35 weeks and baby is roughly 5 lbs.

Emotions:  I am so ready for this baby.  And I'm so tired of being pregnant and solo parenting.  This ridiculous heat wave is not helping anything.  But because I'm so miserable the thought of labor does not scare me at all, I'm pretty excited for it.  I bought my birth kit and it arrived last week, so other than the birth tub which I should get around 37 weeks I'm all set!

Gender: I am fully convinced it's a girl.  Dom says 'he' and it feels wrong!  I'm prepared for either outcome but...I think girl.

Bumpdate:

36 weeks this time.

And 35 weeks last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment