Friday, February 20, 2015

Baby #2 Bumpdate - Weeks 16 & 17

I console myself with the fact that Baby #2 gets "experienced" parents out of this deal and not the shit end of the stick because I'm not paying much attention to this pregnancy.

For posterity sake...

How far along: 17 weeks 1 day

Weight Gain: I'm up 8 lbs.  Which is a pound more than I was at with Jett.  But I started about 5 lbs lighter so it's all good.

What's up with My Body: I can't sleep.  It's awful.  I'm up 4-5 times a night to pee and on top of that have trouble getting back to sleep each time I'm up.  I wake up feeling more exhausted than I went to bed.  I was drinking water like there was no tomorrow to try to help with the constipation (which is under control thanks to psyllium husks) but come on, up to pee every 2 hours!!!  So, I've started restricting fluids at 6pm, basically after dinner I'm only having water if I'm thirsty.  It's helped a bit, last night after FINALLY getting to sleep at about midnight I was only up twice to pee.  Sigh.  I really wish I had these last few months to SLEEP before baby gets here.  But alas my body has other plans, it wants to prepare me for sleeplessness again, what an asshole.

Movement: I've felt baby a handful of times, once right around 15 weeks for the first time, then not again until about 16 weeks, then once or twice since then.  Very infrequent, very light, but there.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Anatomy Scan is just a little over a week away. First and only ultrasound!  We're not finding out sex but it will be fun to see the baby!

Bumpdate:
God I look tired...


2 comments:

  1. Phew, from this vantage point, it feels like this pregnancy is flying along! You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bump! And it does feel like somehow your pregnancy is going faster than mine LOL. I also can't sleep, I am tired as hell ALL THE TIME. I only wake up once to pee but lie awake not sleeping after, and sometimes wake up early. No fair. Also I think I'm not drinking enough, my constipation is back, even with the husk, though I limited it to 1 pill I'm going to increase it and try to drink more water. Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete