Saturday, September 18, 2010

Air Blogging

I'm at 37,000 feet right now...and I'm on the's weird.

So, I realize I've been completely absent from my blog for the last few weeks, but to be honest we haven't stopped moving long enough for me to even think about posting.

But, here I am on my way to NYC and since I have nothing better to do I thought why not blog at 37,000 feet?

I'll give a quick recap of what we've been up to and maybe while I'm in NYC I'll be able to sit down and do a proper recap.

Two weeks ago we left Sydney for our long ass flight across the Pacific and made it successfully to Oregon with no drama. We even managed to get an upgrade, yes an upgrade, not upgrades. So, Dom took the business class seat for the first 6 hours and halfway through we swapped seats and I managed to squeeze in 4 hours of sleep and Sex and the City 2, definitely not the worst flight I've ever been on.

Once in Oregon we spent 2 nights in Portland, resting and celebrating our 1 year anniversary before we headed south to Springfield where we spent the rest of the week moving ourselves into our new house!

Oh the moving.

Five years ago I left Oregon for NYC and somehow managed to convince my parents to store all of my furniture for me...indefinitely. Granted my dad had just built a barn that rivals their house in terms of square footage so they weren't necessarily wanting for space, but in all honestly I didn't realize how much crap I had accumulated over the years and was still holding onto. After a few years in New York I did start to sell some of it, but only managed to get rid of the TV's and very little else. So...moving was fun. Sense the sarcasm.

Moving was WAY more time consuming than I had thought it would be and that I led my husband to believe...I thought for sure it would just take a trip or two in the pickups from my parents house out to our new house, a mere 12 miles away.

I'm pretty sure we took a load every day and we were there for 10 days, BUT we now have a completely furnished house.

Just a quick sidenote, even in business class the food on airplanes sucks! I find myself choking it down trying not to gag each and every time. They make it look quite fancy when you fly business, with proper silverware and real glassware, but it's all a disguise, the food is still crap.

And another sidenote while I'm at it, I am a Premier Executive with United! In a way this is awesome because it means I can get my own upgrades without Dom and that I can walk down the special aisle and skip the long queue at security, but on the other hand it means I have been traveling WAY too much. I have over 100,000 miles people, that's just wrong if you don't travel for business. It's also lame because the last bit of traveling Dom and I did for pleasure and to a destination of our choice was 1 year ago on our honeymoon. Since that time we have been to tons of places, but it's always for work, or weddings, or baptisms and honestly I can't wait until the day that we are settled somewhere (and at this point I don't care where) and get to CHOOSE our traveling destination.

Anyway, back to Oregon. Where was I? Oh right, I had an absurd amount of furniture stored at my parents house and it is all now safely in the Oregon house. Which means there is an empty house in Oregon that is fully furnished if anyone is looking for a place to stay in Oregon! Seriously friends, cousins, aunts and uncles, whoever reads this that I know in real life, if you're going to Oregon and need a place to stay, hit me up.

So, the house is pretty cool, it's an A frame, 3 bedroom, 2 bath and completely liveable, it needed absolutely nothing done to it. Quite a good deal if you ask me.

Here's a little teaser photo...I have more but they're on my other cameras and I promise to post them later.

So, after Oregon we headed to San Francisco where we managed to get tons done in the 3 days that we were there. We met with our property manager to discuss the tenants move out date in our San Francisco home, visited the house to get a better idea of where the Sydney iron lace will go once we get it back to the states, met with an architect to discuss the remodel that we are planning for the SF house, made arrangements to get the sailboat (Tutu) out of the water and even had a bit of times to catch up with some friends.

Busy busy.

Now I'm on a plane to NYC and Dom is headed to Berlin for a few days before he meets me back in NYC before we head back to Sydney 1 week from today.

I'm really enjoying Sydney, but being back amongst people we know for the last few weeks...I miss "home", and will be excited to come back in just 4 short months.

No comments:

Post a Comment